The 11th UQ Twilight Run will attract thousands of participants who will be fundraising for charities across Australia in 2019.
Start Fundraising for Guide Dogs Queensland
Offical Charity Partner – Guide Dogs Queensland.
The UQ Twilight Run has again partnered with Guide Dogs Queensland for the 11th annual UQ Twilight Run.
Did you know it takes a minimum of 2 years and cost over $50,000 to turn just one of our gorgeous puppies into a Guide Dog. So as you stride through every step of your race, each dollar you have raised will enable us to support those in need on every step of their journey freedom and independence. With your help, we can ensure all Queenslanders who are blind or vision impaired have access to the essential training and services they deserve to be able to live their lives to the fullest.
Raise $250 for Guide Dogs Qld and receive your exclusive Athletic kit – get your paws moving today!
How can you help?
FUNDRAISE NOW as part of your run! Create your very own online fundraising page today.
- DONATE NOW – make a one off donation to our Offical Charity Partner Guide Dogs Queensland.
- UQ Sports Achievement Scholarship
- A portion of the UQ Twilight Run 2019 entrant proceeds will be donated to fund UQ Sports Achievement Scholarships, awarded by The University of Queensland. The scholarships aim to encourage outstanding new and continuing student-athletes to pursue tertiary study and elite-level sport concurrently.
- The funding injection enables a wider pool of applicants to be supported, and allows for academic and sporting expenses incurred by recipients to be offset. Scholarship beneficiaries will also enjoy full access to UQ Sport’s first-class health and fitness facilities, which include an Olympic-standard athletics track and swimming pool, 21 tennis courts, multipurpose synthetic fields, and a three-level weights and cardio gymnasium.
- UQ is accredited by the Australian Sports Commission as an Elite Athlete Friendly University (EAFU). Dedicated UQ Sport Academy staff, in partnership with UQ, provide academic liaison support to negotiate flexible study options for enrolment, assessment and course-related needs to assist student-athletes balance their academic and elite-level sporting commitments.
- Thanks to the generosity of donors, hundreds of student-athletes have benefited from the outstanding sporting facilities and services The University of Queensland and UQ Sport has to offer – allowing recipients to perform to the best of their abilities.
- For more information about the UQ Sports Achievement Scholarships, click here.
- We look forward to your involvement in the UQ Twilight Run and hope you can join in the run under the moon and stars in 2019.